Follow Little Fashion Bird
Follow laurenbaluyo on Twitter
Get it Here.STANTONJAMES.leaderboard.728.90

vicky cristina barcelona

Just want to express my absolute adoration for what I call a refreshingly dreamy kind of Woody Allen flick for the "acquired taste." The artistic aspiration (for which I couldn't get enough of) in the making of this film is strongly evident, offering up a breathtaking, postcard perfect scenic view of Spain, paired with a kind of "sensual lushness" that makes the idea of traveling through Barcelona so intoxicating - yeeaah, that's how deep this film was for me, can ya tell?! 

On another lovely note, the story smoothly develops into an intriguing portrait of the boundless scenarios in which love and true happiness can be found, which I really appreciated and could personally identify with in a sense.This flick has been out for a number of months already but for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, I highly recommend! Also, Penelope Cruz's flawless performance as the intensely volatile, yet insanely beautiful Maria Elena was by far my favorite bit.  All these elements combined with an abundance of sexy Spanish artworks, famous Gaudi architecture, and let's not forget the chill, laidback styling of each character (esp. Cruz's!) make for a perfect summer must-see!

Phew!  I  it.





8 comments:

mutima said...

i love cruz she is so sexy.esp. her hark eyes and hair.

btw i gave you an award on my blog:)

http://littlefashionbird.blogspot.com/

Martina Ngozi said...

love her bag.... i think you can find one like it on ebay too :D

K said...

yesss!!! i loved this film as well, and i thought the styling is well suited for hot summers! i loved the linen pieces that vicky and cristina wore a lot. cruz's performance was indeed exceptional and her outfits corresponded perfectly with her personality.

Very Veronique said...

I love her fringed bag. just bought a somewhat similar one last week in old-pink seude. rad.

Anonymous said...

I agree. She was so beautiful. She is. Great post, I also recommend this movie!

FrouFrouu said...

Totally agree, great film. Cruz is sex, both her and her acting. and yay for the gaudi mention :)

- frouu/ nadia

PISTOLWHIPPED said...

so weird i just finished watching this film!

Ilse said...

ohh I just saw that movie yesterday!! lovely movie.

Follow Me on Twitter